What is Picnics in the Park:
- It is a series of themed Picnic Environments created for you to enjoy with your family and friends.
- This is a family event, open to all ages.
- Children under 2 must register when purchasing tickets on the Quicket site.
- You must be aged 18 years or over to purchase tickets to these events.
- Children aged 13-17 years are permitted to attend when accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult throughout the event, limited to a maximum of two children per adult.
The accepted forms of ID are:
- Passport / ID Book
- Drivers License
What can I bring with me to Picnics in the Park?
- A smile 🙂
- A picnic blanket, remember to bring a waterproof one!
- These are outdoor events, prepare for all weather conditions.
- Sunhat and Sunscreen
- A Picnic Basket (Please see below)
- An outdoor umbrella, but you may NOT place it so it impedes on another persons view or directly in front of the screen 🙂
- LOW camping chairs, but you may NOT place it so it impedes on another persons view or directly in front of the screen 🙂
What FOOD can I bring with me to Picnics in the Park? Please note this is venue dependent.
- 1 cooler box / basket per family / couple
- Please remember NO glass in any shape or form, so tin or plastic.
- No Alcohol, Juices, Water or Soft drinks.
- Riversands Farm Village, Midrand.
- Shokran Events Venue, Pretoria East.
- Sylvia’s Market, Observatory, Johannesburg.
- Cradle Moon Lakeside Game Lodge, Muldersdrift.
Please note each venue has different rules and regulations we have to adhere to 🙂
Am I allowed to bring my own alcohol to Picnics in the Park?
- No, unfortunately not, due to regulations we have had to update this Policy (10 February 2016).
- You are more then welcome to purchase from the #PiP bar 🙂
What am I not allowed to bring to Picnics in the Park?
- Any camping equipment such as gazebos.
- Glass in any shape or form.
- The Kitchen Sink 🙂
- Any drugs or legal highs.
- Dogs, accept for Guide Dogs.
- Hubbly Bubbly or pipes of any kind.
- Smoking is only allowed outside and not in any enclosed areas.
- No Alcohol, Juices, Water or Softdrinks.
What if it Rains?
- Picnics in the Park are advertised as outdoor events i.e. a greenfield site , no roof 🙂
- We do set up stretch tents at our events along the edges of the field in case of rain storms, but we can not cover the entire area, we then might as well hire a hall 🙁
Will there be shade?
- There are lots of shade around the venue, but as you can well imagine, we can not place this in front of the screen, you wont be able to see anything! 🙂
- Yes there are trees and we set up tents along the edges of the field in summer only.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat!
- Pack a beach umbrella 🙂
- Please place your waste in bins
- Do not litter
- All waste is recycled on site, please respect our venues.
Can we buy Drinks and Food at the event?
Yes we have food vendors on site and the #PiP Bar 🙂
I’ve recently had an operation and would like to bring a chair?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org also check our Special Needs Policy.
We use Social Media platforms for advertizing purposes and to keep our guests up to date. #PiP policy on customer relations, remain still the direct approach, why have a Picnic if you are spending the day on your mobile? Something up on the day? We are there to help, look for a staff member with a Black Apron with the #PiP logo or email us at email@example.com (there is no .za)
By Car, Bike, Coach and Shuttle Bus
- Full routing information for traveling will be available closer to the event via social media.
- Parking is free, Full details on car parks will be available closer to the event via social media. In some instances Parking fees might be charged pending on the venue.