Guinness World Record Attempt & Mad Hatter’s Picnic in aid of NSPCA.
22 April 2017 – Riversands Farm Village, Midrand, Johannesburg.
Largest gathering of people dressed as Alice in Wonderland characters.
10:00 – Park Open, costume check and registration.
12:00 – Registration closed.
12:30 – Guinness World Record Attempt: “Largest gathering of people dressed as Alice in Wonderland characters.”
This record is for the greatest number of people dressed up as Alice in Wonderland characters at a single venue.
RULES FOR LARGEST GATHERING OF PEOPLE DRESSED AS ALICE IN WONDERLAND CHARACTERS:
- You must hold a valid event ticket to enter.
- Participants are required to register via Quicket, including children of all ages: http://qkt.io/uh7BjM
- All children under and including the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The attempt forms part of the MadHatter’s Picnic.
- Our general T&C applies: http://picnicsinthepark.co/faq/tc/
- All participants must be dressed in a full costume of a character appearing in Lewis Carroll’s novel Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
- All costumes must be clearly recognizable as one of these characters. For example, a White Rabbit costume is not simply an animal costume, but must also include a tailcoat and pocket watch.
- The eligibility of characters and the acceptability of costumes to be considered for the attempt remain at the discretion of Guinness World Records.
- Photos will be taken of individuals and groups including one, or more, of the entire group.
- The attempt will take place at Riversands Farm Village, Rose Road, Midrand.
- The attempt will take place in a restricted area with entrances and exits clearly marked and controlled.
- A formal final check of all costumes will be completed as participants enter the attempt area. This will be completed by independent witnesses.
- All participants must remain in full costume for the entirety of the attempt.
- All costumes must be complete and clearly recognisable as the character.
Communications and schedules will be sent out to participants, via email, closer to the event day.