Prepare for the worst night of your life, because Picnics in the Park has now opened a Hunted House, the Asylum to all those who dare enter. Don’t say we didn’t warn you – whatever you fear the most, be it clowns or possessed dolls – are all hiding beneath the haunted walls of this former psychiatric institute ready to give you a spine-chilling adventure.
“Dr. Vanicutt, a psychiatric doctor from Pennsylvania, opened up the country’s first premier psychiatric institute for the criminally insane in 1939. However after his wife tragically died, and his only daughter Anastasia disappeared mysteriously, Vanicutt went mad and delirious – some even say he was possessed. The Asylum suffered in the process, with Vanicutt tormenting his patients, conducting grotesque and inhumane medical procedures that eventually riddled the hospital with death and evil.”
Suffice it to say, the Asylum is not for the faint of heart. However, we can’t deny it is an epic experience – especially for horror film fans and all those who claim they have no scary bone in their body. We’d like to see you try this attraction out for yourself and see if that statement still rings true after an infinite amount of jump scares!
Before you plan out your trip, here are a couple things you need to know:
- Asylum is open during the event on both days.
- Patients under 17 years old are prohibited to enter, accept for Sunday, with consent from their parents and a release form.
- Photo and video-taking is strictly prohibited
- Those with existing or pre-existing physical and mental medical issues are not recommended to enter.
- Staff will be on location throughout the attraction in case of any emergencies and if the events get too much for the patients.